As the clock runs down on 2016 I am thankful for another year of being able to share my photographs and writing with you all once again. To date I have written over 30 posts this year alone, as well as hitting the milestone of 100 overall posts earlier in the year. Though every time I hit ‘Publish’ on a post it comes with having spent time researching, writing, and choosing photos, there are some that inevitably rise to the top in terms of comments and reactions, not to mention my own enjoyment in writing them. So here are what I consider my top posts of the year, in no particular order.
- The Vinyl Edition-Memories of growing up with vinyl records and the recent resurgence of them. I worked with my own local record store in Queens on this one-https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/soundtrack-of-a-photograph-the-vinyl-edition/
- The Story-The final studio album by Scottish group Runrig prompted this post, based around the touching video for the title cut. This album, and this group are both very special-https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/the-story/
- Living Music-A chance encounter at The Noguchi Museum with piano music created from the ‘sound’ of plants led to this post. It is also a reminder of all the discoveries to be made at museums-https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/06/01/living-music/
- The Book-This was a short fiction series I wrote after seeing a dedication in an old book. The idea came when I thought about the stories that book might tell as the years went by. https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/the-book/ https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/the-book-2/ https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/07/06/the-book-3/
- Voices Of The Haudenosaunee-Native American Music and Culture and the beautiful voice of Joanne Shenandoah-https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/voices-of-the-haudenosaunee/
- Irish Noise-Any trip to Ireland means you come back with a lot of photographs, but on my own trip there this summer, I became aware of ‘Irish Noise’. https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/07/27/irish-noise/
- Water Is Life-Despite water being such an accessible resource for many of us, it remains a critical issue for many more. Featuring music by the wonderful Touareg group-Tinariwen-https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/09/19/water-is-life/
- Self-Portrait-For my third anniversary of blogging, I wrote a letter to myself celebrating the fact that what I do is art and proudly owning it- https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/self-portrait-the-third-anniversary-post/
- The Queens Curve-My series of Photo Shuffles are meant to be quick and fun little snippets that start by letting my Ipod choose a song randomly for me to write about. None of them have been as fun to write as this one about my home for the past (almost) 2 years-https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/soundtrack-of-a-photograph-photo-shuffle-12/
- Lastly, I have been lucky enough to work with a fabulous New Orleans based photographer twice now. The second one, Two Cities, Two Streets was once again so much fun to be a part of and I am thankful we came across one another. https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2016/09/22/two-cities-two-streets/
So there you have it. Not just in terms of numbers, but this has been my best and most satisfying year doing this yet. Whether you are new to my posts or have read them all, I thank you for you taking the time to stop by. Stay tuned next week for my top photos of 2016. I have a lot to choose from so this will be a bit of a challenge!
Follow Me on Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/SoundtrackPhoto
Follow Me On Twitter-https://twitter.com/SoundtrackPhoto
Follow Me On Instagram-https://instagram.com/soundtrackphoto/
All Photographs By Robert P. Doyle
SHARES AND LIKES APPRECIATED!